Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Cleopatra

I had a pretty house cat growing up.
She was loved by everybody,
Never had a problem,
Unless it was if her next meal
Were not served on time.

When she grew old and sick,
She was taken to the doctor
Diagnosed
And put to sleep
No extended pain.

I would not mind being a cat
Loved, domesticated,spayed and healthy
Free to play with my masters,
Rest on their bellies
And not have to worry about a job

I would be the most affectionate cat I could be
When my masters were sad, I would comfort them.
When they were happy, I would make them laugh
And when I was very sick
They would put me down,without any problem

5 Comments:

Blogger Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Nice piece of poetry. What we write is an extension of ourselves, the ever buring desire to relate. Being a cat is nice, you don't have to worry about your next meal and you are pampered to death by over soilicitous masters. But is that what God intended us to be? God gave us all the resources to be successful in life. It is how we make do with those resources that determines how we fare in life. "I know my plans for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11) God bless you and your loved ones more and more each day.

Yours in Christ,

Mel Avila Alarilla
of "Random Thoughts"
Mel Alarilla of "Blessings"
Philippines

6:13 PM  
Blogger Butterfly said...

I feel this. I really do, but it makes me sad. I pray that you get a break, that you find some rest...soon.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

nice poetry dobro i miss seeing you in my blog.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

not that you visit me anymore but i changed my address to http://agriefobserved2.blogspot.com

5:45 AM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Very well put.

I totally understand it.

Though I think I would rather be a dog.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home