Monday, December 10, 2007

In Search of the Perfect Toys

I am told of Christmases past
When my Daddy would venture forth
To the stores all over the county
In search of the toys
I wrote on my letter to Santa.
He did it freely with love
And a sense of enthusiasm
In spite of being tired from work.

He would call my Mommy
To let her know where he was
What he had accomplished
And where he was headed.
I was unaware of this great effort
All I cared was getting what I wanted.
Kids are basically selfish
And oblivious to their parents' sacrifices.

Now that I am a parent
I have to hunt for the things
My child wants for Christmas.
I have the convenience of the internet.
I don't have to go to the mall.
But I still remember what was done for me
And I pray to my Daddy
And say a big thank you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lee Harris said...

....I want a new toy...and I miss my parents and the traditional gifts we got each year...

3:51 PM  
Blogger Butterfly said...

Christmas has become for the kids. Maybe I'll start a "tradition" for '08 to get me back into the festive-ness /spirit of the season.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home